Thread: Nevada Age Restrictions

Nevada Age Restrictions

For those that are 18 years old or older:
    If you are active duty military stationed in Nevada, you can get a Nevada CCF (Concealed Carry Firearm) permit.

Nevada also Honors Utah Provisional Permits (Utah permits issued to those 18 years old or older but under 21)
    Both resident and non resident provisional permits.

Nevada resident 18-20 years old trying to get a Utah permit are in a questionable status currently in that Nevada does not issue permits to those individuals.
    Utah Requires Nevada residents to have a Nevada permit. Since you can't get a Nevada permit at that age, I'm not sure what will happen at this point.

I'll see if I can get clarification from Utah BCI on what they will do if a Nevada resident under 21 submits an application.

Also be aware, MOST Nevada Police do not know that a person can legally carry under the age of 21.

Re: Nevada Age Restrictions

To: "****@yahoo.com" <****@yahoo.com>; BCI ADMIN <***admin@utah.gov>
    Sent: Tuesday, August 13, 2019, 12:42:05 PM PDT
    Subject: Re: Contact Department of Criminal Investigation

No, they don't have to submit a copy of a Nevada permit if they are applying for a Provisional permit.

On Tue, Aug 13, 2019 at 12:56 PM <****@utah.gov> wrote:

Name -**********
    Phone - *************
    Email - ******
    Resident of Utah - no
    Division - concealedFirearms
    Message - Utah requires Nevada residents to submit a photocopy of their Nevada permit when applying for a Utah non resident permit. Nevada does not issue permits to those under 21 except for active duty military. So what happens if a under 21 Nevada resident applies for a Utah provisional non resident permit? Do you deny the permit because he/she didn't submit a copy of their Nevada permit? (which they can't get) Thank you in advance.